Wednesday, November 25, 2009

giving thanks

One would think with all the whining I have done on this blog that I have nothing to be thankful for! But that is far from the truth. I'm just going thru a rough patch in my life but I do have a lot to be thankful for and I do consider myself to be one of the lucky ones. I'm going to be mostly off line the next few days so thought I'd get my thanksgiving post in early. That reminds me of a funny story! Back when my grandmother was still alive I used to be a good girl and send her letters. I would get a head start sometimes in order to get them out in a timely fashion. One holiday I cheated a little and wrote something like " hey grandma, I had a really good easter, hope you did too!" My roommate saw it and busted on me good since easter had not arrived yet. But hey, what grandma didn't know didn't hurt her and at least I got my letter out quickly.

Things I am thankful for: my dw of course! She is always here for me and helps put a smile on my face. She puts up with everything I throw at her, even the indoor snowball fight I started the other night:0 My family. They support me no matter what and I love them and miss them. And I'm thankful to be an Aunt cuz those kids are such a joy to watch grow up. I'm thankful that I have a big brother here in Utah that is fun to hang out with (and his dw). I didn't hang out with him as much growing up cuz he was always a couple grades ahead of me so it is really nice to connect with him now as adults. My dw's families. They are all so good to us and support our relationship and help us out in so many ways. The toughest part of all these families is that no one lives in the same state! It is hard to be apart as we miss everyone so much. I am also thankful for all our friends. Life is so much more fun with all of them in our lives and it is always a pleasure catching up with them. And despite feeling my age lately, I am still physically able to do pretty much anything I set my mind to so there is that to be thankful for. I am very thankful to have been raised by parents who instilled in me the art of living in the moment and not putting off everything til retirement. And all those cross-country roadtrips to visit relatives gave me my spirit of wanderlust. And last but not least, I'm thankful for my health. For real! You think I'm joking but I'm not. My tods all say that I am in good health! My mutations have not gotten the best of me. My body is still kicking ass, so happy thanksgiving to me:) And I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving as well.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete