Monday, November 23, 2009

today's snow report


11 inches overnight at Brighton Resort with more on the way today! And we got a few inches here in the valley as you can see in the picture. What a glorious day:) Looks like this weekend will be a great time to go snowboarding.

I've been doing a lot of thinking over the weekend while I await the results of my polyp biopsy. I'm pretty sure that it is going to be ok but it does make me wonder what else is going on inside my body. At 41 years old there is no way I should have breast cancer or colon polyps, but I do. Why are my pancreas and thyroid broken? I don't  know. What else is lurking beneath the surface? I wish I knew. Yes, I really wish I could tell if anything else is wrong because so far everything has been fixable. I used to think I wouldn't want to know but now I feel it is a blessing to have a chance to fix it. Go ahead, take my boobs please. I don't want them anymore. And you can have my ovaries too. I am figuring out right now when I can get that scheduled. I know many people who should be tested for brca but haven't. I can't understand what they are waiting for. Why not do something when you have the chance. If not for yourself, then what about your loved ones? Don't you think they'd like to grow old with you?

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful picture. I've wondered too, why someone wouldn't want to know if they had a chance. I have a lot of relatives too that won't be tested. They don't want the burden of knowledge. And what a burden it is, no doubt about it, but making these choices we have to make are still better than finding out the hard way that we buried our heads for too long. The kind of cancer that brca mutants get doesn't play by the guidebooks, does it? I don't see the point of messing around with it.

    I'm really glad that you are comfortable with your choices. It's good to have faith in your decision. I too, think it's the right one.

    We are driving to Utah for Tbanksgiving - you aren't anywhere near Loa or Bicknell are you? There are out in the middle of BFE - very rural - but quite pretty! Maybe if you are close, or on the way or something, we could meet.

    T

    ReplyDelete