Monday, May 17, 2010

hanging with sis

Hanging with wt one week out from her pbm. Path was benign and things are going pretty well. I got a look at the new girls, or start of them. Don't even notice that she has no nipples because of all the black stitches running across her new mounds. I have seen many pictures of reconstruction and seen some in person but I don't think I've actually seen any with the sutures still in. It looks painful but they don't seem to be bothering her too much. It sure doesn't make me want to run out there and get mine done, although wt keeps telling me that I can do it! It kind of looks like the lacing of a football but pulled even tighter and the skin is all puckered up between the stitches. Tomorrow, if she's lucky, she'll get some of the stitches removed and possibly the drains. Ah, the drains...everyone seems to hate them. Not only are they uncomfortable they also limit what clothes you can wear. She has been sticking to some light weight sweatshirts she found at macys that have pockets on the inside where she can stuff the drains which look just like hand grenades. And they come in shortsleeve or longsleeve which is great because it is pretty muggy here.

Just going to chill this week and take walks, visit with her friends, nap and play with the little twins next door. I also got to see my other two sisters briefly yesterday before they had to head back home. I was supposed to get in saturday nite but missed a connecting flight and spent the nite in the motor city. Knew I was pushing my  luck trying to catch three planes.

That cool card above is by blunt cards, quiplip.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update on your wt. I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well & that the pathology report came back fine. Oh, and she's right, you CAN do this, and with your past history, you probably should do this.. but you know that. ;)

    Just saying...if we can do it, you can do it too.

    ReplyDelete