Wednesday, May 26, 2010

life goes on

I love buying cards that have cool pictures. Usually they are blank on the inside which is fine because often the writing on the inside can ruin it for me. This card (by nostalgiaville publishing) here though says "in three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life...it goes on." I picked it up while I was visiting wt and it was exactly how I was feeling. I've been sad lately thinking about wt's surgery and everything she would have to go through and I was a little teary on my flight out to see her. But once there, we didn't shed tears or lament. Surgery was over, it was done. No use crying about it. Life continues. We spent our time shopping, visiting friends, watching (sleeping through) movies and of course some doctor visits. We would find ourselves laughing at times and as wt tried to control herself I would ask her if it hurt to laugh. She would reply that it didn't hurt as much as sneezing:) One thing that really made us laugh was when I was vacuuming and wt was making a little video in which she was telling me that I should have surgery too so that someone could do all my housework for me! Yup, life goes on even after surgery. There will always be another dirty dish to wash, laundry to fold, a mountain to shred, a sunset to enjoy, a joke to share...

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this post. I'm so glad that your wt was feeling good enough to go shopping! Wow - that is great! I'm happy you had such a good visit together. And it's so true....life does go on... I think the Beatles sang it, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine that does sum it up, life goes on whatever we do!

    I'm glad that you found times to laugh and I bet she was so pleased to have you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sissie! I've read it before on some of the blogs, and a male colleague stopped me in the hall a few days before surgery to give me a hug and reassure me that "You'll still be the same Mary after surgery". I'm still the same Mary. (But I feel about 2 inches shorter and have to stand on my tippy-toes a lot right now to reach things.) Life goes on, thankfully. Love you!!!! wondertwin

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I did have a few tears when I saw you arriving at the airport. wt

    ReplyDelete