Sunday, May 9, 2010

twas the night before wt's pbm...

I found the perfect card by american greetings the other day to send to wondertwin before her upcoming pbm (it's in the mail sis)! If only I could protect her (and everyone else) from the hard things in life, but I can't. I can just watch it happen and try and help her as much as I can. I'm trying to stay strong for her but it is hard because I know how she feels and how anxious she is and what she is about to undertake. I know what it feels like to crawl up on the table and wonder what you're going to look like when you wake up. I know she's tough and she'll do ok and will be happy when all is said and done but the anticipation leading up to surgery just sucks. Tonight, I will be taking a tylenol pm in hopes of getting some shut eye. My sis will most likely be awake most of the night. In the morning I will try and get one last call in to her before they wheel her into surgery then wait for updates from her dear friend that took the week off and flew in to take care of her. I will be flying in for week 2 and can't wait to give her a big, soft air hug. Much love, sis. See you on the other side.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Please give Mary my best! I've been thinking of her and hope that she's doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janine. You're making me cry! Got the card and it rocks. Can't wait to see you.
    wondertwin

    ReplyDelete